What will I do?
By the end of this unit you will be able to:
- Discuss the theoretical foundation of data analytics that determine decision making processes.
- Apply a range of descriptive analytic techniques to convert data into actionable insight using a range of statistical techniques.
- Investigate a range of predictive analytic techniques to discover new knowledge for forecasting future events.
- Demonstrate prescriptive analytic methods for finding the best course of action for a situation.
You can expect to develop skills in:
- Communication literacy
- Critical thinking
Is it for me?
Are you currently in, or working towards a career in digital? This course is perfect for you to help you progress and develop your skills in data analytics. There are no formal entry requirements for this training. Our admissions team will have an initial conversation to assess your suitability for the course and what you want to achieve. The course is focused on training rather than assessments.Apply Now
After this course you can continue onto short courses in:
- Networking & Infrastructure
- Programming & Coding
Or you can explore our HNC and HND courses at the South Central Institute of Technology.Apply Now
No – nothing beforehand. We encourage Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) so you’re welcome to bring your own laptop. You will have access to computers but your own device is preferred where possible. We also provide text books.
It is recommended that students should find up to 2.5 hours a week to practise their skills. This time isn’t timetabled and it’s up to you how much you study.
Staff are highly supportive and will feedback throughout the course to keep check on progress. There is a variety of formative assessment techniques used including quizzes and checking for learning.
Will there be assignments, exams or practical observations? How many of each? There will be lots of practical observation. There will be no assignments or exams.